I am one of the main forces behind a wiki-project intended for the local phd-population. During the course of managing that, I discovered that it is quite a different procedure to add mouse-over text to the items in the side-bar than pretty much anywhere else on the site. Also, I was unable to google the problem. Hopefully this post will make that easier.
So, in the hope that this will make it slightly more likely that google places it at the top of a search:
Behold, a really good explanation of synaptic transmission:
So, I have just spend a while struggling with understanding why my present TeXnicCenter installation won’t open files in Adobe Acrobat Reader X – it has, for years, worked on and off, with no apparent reason for being in either state. Once upon a time, a simple reboot would allow me to once again access the pdf-output directly.
So, after a bit of googling, I learned how to change it such that the opening page is NOT “Home”, showing my latest posts. I realize that this is a desireable feature in a website that’s mainly a blog, but it’s really … Continue reading